Friday, February 8, 2008

Movies That Need a Sequel?




Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999)

Tagline:All assassins live beyond the law... only one follows the code

Plot Outline:An African American mafia hit man who models himself after the samurai of old finds himself targeted for death by the mob. "Yes you read that correctly, a Black Samurai who is a hit man for the MOB, in Boston of all places... BOSTON! I can't make this stuff up. The Writer / Director-- Jim Jarmusch was obivously smoking some of the finest Purple Haze when he wrote this movie. Who was in the room when he presented this script and green lighted this project?

Forest Whitaker is a Multi Oscar Nominated / Oscar award winning actor. I still have not recovered from watching the Crying Game, that one scene (you know what I am talking about, still sends chills down my spine)... In 1999 was Forest in a slump? Who comvinced him this movie would advance his career. Did Jim Jarmusch have pictures of Forrest in a Crying Game like Fashion? Did I mention the RZA did the soundtrack and made an appearance in the movie.

The funniest part of the movie is Forest emulates the samurai warrior even though he uses a gun. So when holstering the gun he would whip the gun around a couple times as if it was a sword and place it in to the holster like a Real Samurai Docking his Sword, "a 10 on the un-intentional comedy scale". I only have Two questions when is the Sequel coming out and when is Forest going to get his crooked eye fixed?
Are they just different Sizes or is that just me? Hey look at me Forest, which way are freaking looking. How do you expect me to conduct this interview if you won't look me in the eye. You are looking right at me? Ohh Sorry.... So once again why did you do this movie?

1 comment:

Shady Paz said...

He has that Mad Eye Moody look going for him...

hit counter account login
Download free hit counter code.

He loves us all

He loves us all
This blog is approved by teh George W. Bush foundation for them kids who don't read too good.